Monday 22 February 2010

Visit to Hodsock




Above are some of the photos I took at Hodsock Priory (www.snowdrops.co.uk) last Monday. The weather was awful to start with, sleet, snow and hail, then torrential rain! However, once we ventured out, the rain cleared away and we had a reasonable afternoon. Due to the really cold winter, the snowdrops weren't as far on as in previous years, and the hellebores had only just started growing, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the trip. The woodland walk is always very peaceful and there is a bonfire to warm up by which is welcome. Well worth a visit, and open until the end of February.
Snowdrops are one of my favourite flowers as they are beautiful, simple and seem so delicate yet can withstand the worst weather of the year. Their appearance is a reminder that Spring is not too far away.

2 comments:

  1. I heard you had 2 fabulous models lol
    Hodsock does look lovley tho xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy

    Thanks for your comment - yes there were two fabulous models with me but I didn't think they would appreciate me putting a photo of them on my blog!

    ReplyDelete