Sunday 30 May 2010

Speaking of Chelsea...

Although I didn't visit the Chelsea Flower Show, I have been enjoying the BBC coverage and I thought I would share some of my favourite gardens with you. The Bee Friendly garden incorporated some lovely lilac and purple planting, and the ubiquitous alliums, of course!

Music of the Moors was a tranquil space and the willow window tracery worked particularly well. The designer said it was supposed to be as though you were looking out of a church window onto the moors. The planting was very evocative - no wonder it won best small garden category.

My absolute favourite was the one above, the M and G garden. I am just a traditional cottage gardener at heart and the romantic planting with the oak pergola and building really appealed to me.

The Rhubarb and Custard garden made me smile. It was good to see a garden with a sense of humour! It won the RHS viewers vote for best small garden, so must have appealed to others too. The spoon seat is especially gorgeous.

Christian before Dior was another designed cottage garden, albeit a little more formal. Although I did like aspects of some of the more contemporary gardens, I'm just a traditionalist at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment