Friday 2 July 2010

A garden gate

These images are particularly dear to myself and to my best friend Maria who lives in Canada, because I took them at her granny's house. I love photos that look through open gates or doors, as they have an air of mystery - what is just beyond and out of sight? I think the light and shadows are particularly effective in these photos and the different textures of wood, stone and foliage complement each other very well. The close-up of the gate is one of my favourite images.

This photo shows more of the beautiful wall that surrounds the property, with the rust coloured stone from the area. It is a very tranquil place and I think that the photos give that impression. Everyone needs tranquil spaces in which to relax and gather their thoughts - whether at a beach, in the countryside or even in a city. There are quiet places to be found everywhere - you just need to go out and look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment