Friday 24 September 2010

Gonga - the original

Having introduced our cat, Gonga, to you, here is the original knitted rabbit he is named after. I'm not sure exactly how old I was when he was given to me, but he must be at least 36 years old! My Mum's best friend, Auntie Myrtle, knitted him and originally he had a red tie, turquoise felt shorts and a yellow hat (which has long since disappeared). I am in the process of darning him, adding some more stuffing and making him some new clothes. He is a lovely toy to have as he hasn't any sharp bits and is very cuddly. He does look a bit the worse for wear now, but he was extremely loved and played with a lot. He is now in a peaceful retirement, because he is quite a venerable age, but he is still loved and has lots of happy memories associated with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment