Thursday 2 September 2010

A view from my own garden

A view of my own garden with my favourite grass taking centre stage. I do enjoy visiting other people's gardens as I am always interested in planting combinations or the way the garden is laid out. However, sometimes it is a little depressing once you come back and look with critical eyes at your own space. As I love collecting plants, my garden is a mixture of styles - Chris says my idea of planning/design/planting is to throw the plant over my shoulder and plant it where it falls! I don't necessarily plan where I am going to put things but I often end up with some very pleasing combinations. Nature is very forgiving which helps a lot.

My three asters are flowering away at the moment and helping to ensure that there is still plenty of colour in the garden. Long may that last.

No comments:

Post a Comment