Wednesday 22 September 2010

The next book

Above is the next book I am going to read. It is quite a weighty tome, but actually, from the dipping into it that I have already done, it is written in an accessible and interesting way. It intrigued me to think that both 'Jaws' and 'Beowolf' are based on the same theme - nice community terrorised by monster, hero goes to kill monster, nice community continues.
In the book, the author shows how storytelling uses seven basic plots and he goes into incredible detail, including books, theatre, opera, TV and films. The book actually belongs to Chris and I have been going past it on the bookcase on the landing for quite some time, without wondering what it is all about. Curiosity finally got the better of me, and I think it will prove to be a really worthwhile read.

No comments:

Post a Comment