Thursday 3 February 2011

Clematis seed heads

The title to this post doesn't in itself sound very interesting. However, when I went out in the garden this morning, I was amazed by the beautiful patterns and textures within the seed heads.

These are all from the same plant - Clematis Ice Blue, I think - and the swirling shapes that the seed makes really caught my attention.

The seed head above has the most wonderful feathery texture and looks completely different from the one above it.

This one falls somewhere between the two but still has its own beauty with curving lines and feathery texture. These seed heads have stayed on the plant throughout the winter so far and there is evidence of the plant beginning to bud further down the stem. On a bright and sunny albeit cold day, nature amazes me once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment