Tuesday 14 June 2011

Latest reading

I realised yesterday that I haven't shared my latest books with you, so this post will hopefully rectify that.  As ever, I have several books on the go, depending on whether I am at work or home and how much time I have available to read in.  I must admit that the biography of Elizabeth Gaskell is one that is taking me a long time to read, probably due to the immense amount of detailed information included in it and the slightly more 'academic' form of writing.  I am determined to finish it though, so will keep going.  I have just started The Remains of the Day and The Big House both of which are intriguing in their own way, and both of which I am enjoying very much.  Behind Closed Doors was a treat to myself as I had seen Professor Vickery's series and wanted to know more.  The Secret Life of Wilkie Collins is a book I have read but this copy was a total bargain at WHSmith yesterday - only 50 pence!  I couldn't leave it there, could I? 
I am also awaiting One Fine Day by Mollie Panter-Downes which should be with me next week, so have plenty to be getting on with in any spare moments when I am not gardening, felt making or jewellery making!

No comments:

Post a Comment