Thursday 1 September 2011

August Bank Holiday - garden visiting part 2

The second garden we visited was one of my favourite local gardens, Hall Farm, which has appeared on my blog several times.  The gardens are less carefully manicured than at The Garden House, but were filled with exuberant planting as above.

 There were also plenty of interesting views to various parts of the garden.  The centrepiece of the large pot was a pink hydrangea, in a smaller pot.

Looking back at the house through a purple sea of verbena bonariensis.  This reminded me that I need to grow lots of verbena next year.

A view from a shaded pergola through to the hydrangea pot again.  I really like the contrast of light and shade.  Hall Farm has a plant nursery attached, but the nursery is closing at the end of this year.  The gardens will stay open and the nursery area is going to be developed into a new garden.  Exciting as this is, it is also sad because the nursery had a fantastic range of perennials, most grown by the owners, and their knowledge of their plants was encyclopaedic.  I shall just have to grow more perennials myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment