Saturday 4 February 2012

Comfort Food

The winter has finally arrived with a vengeance.  We have had cold nights and cold days (not on a Canada scale of coldness), but certainly cold enough for me.  Now the snow is falling and I feel the need for comfort food.  The fire is lit, the cats are curled up and snoring or purring happily and I just have to have a bowl of porridge.  It really is perfect for making me feel all warm and comfortable.  I have to admit, I like my porridge made with milk and then swirled with golden syrup  - I am not sure how people manage it made with water and salt (ugh!).  I haven't made any plans to go anywhere tomorrow, so am settling down with comfort food, books and films. In my opinion, snow is best when it can be admired from inside a cosy house.

No comments:

Post a Comment