Saturday 16 June 2012

Blooming lovely!

June is one of my favourite months due to the abundance of roses (even with the rather wet weather we have had lately).  I seem to have mainly pink roses in the garden - not a conscious choice - however, I do have one yellow rose and a couple of white and red stripy roses too, although none of them are out yet.  Above is R. Geoff Hamilton which is very disease resistant, but its flowers do not like the rain at all.
Here is R. Cottage Rose, which has a delicate fragrance and a lovely flower form.
 R. Gertrude Jekyll which is a stronger pink and has a strong fragrance too - really delicious.
 A small handful of roses with R. Margaret Merrill in the centre, which has a beautiful fragrance. The perfume can certainly give Gertrude a run for her money.
Here they are in the mini milk crate, perfuming the sitting room and reminding me why I like June, despite it having been wet, cold and dull so far this year. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh Ellie, they are absolutely stunning!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Victoria
      Thank you very much for your comment. I just love roses - I would have loads more if I could squeeze them in! I have just bought one which I think will be stripy - it has three very small buds, so I'll just have to be patient.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete