Monday 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas

 It's nearly upon us.  I have been wrapping presents while listening to Christmassy music and have also baked some biscuits and am now waiting for a cake to cook.
 The pictures are of some quirky decorations we have had for a few years (I particularly like the angel's mad sticking out hair - like mine, first thing in the morning!).
The star I made for the top of the Christmas tree about eighteen years ago.  The material was really tricky to sew, I remember, but it has lasted well.  I got Mum's necklaces finished which I hope she'll like, and I also made some glittery earrings and a bracelet for me to wear tomorrow.
Chris has just gone out to the supermarket (is he mad?!) as he was getting a bit stir crazy here, and I'll need to be standing by with copious amounts of tea on his return, no doubt. 
My Christmas wish is that it stops raining, to give those people affected by the awful flooding some respite from the misery - not too much to ask for, especially at Christmas, I feel.
I would also like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a peaceful and happy New Year.  Here's to better weather in 2013.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie, hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and best wishes for 2013, Joy x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Joy
      Thank you and have a lovely Christmas and New Year too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and new year Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anne
      Thank you and all good wishes for a lovely Christmas and New Year to you and your family too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a magical Christmas!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Victoria
    Thank you and best wishes for a very Happy Christmas and peaceful New Year for you and your family.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you too Ellie. Your Christmas Eve sounded like the perfect balance of activity and relaxation. I hope your Christmas Day was equally lovely.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gillian
      Thank you - I had a nice Christmas Day visiting my parents. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  6. I'll second the wishes for better weather!

    Very Merry (if belated ) Christmas wishes to you and yours Ellie ... hope you have a great Boxing Day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Annie
      Thank you and belated good wishes for a lovely Christmas and New Year to you and your family too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  7. what gorgeous decorations! hope you had a fantastic day and wishing you a..
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    BH x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Blueberry Heart
      Thank you. I hope that you all enjoyed your Christmas too and have a peaceful and prosperous New Year.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete