Saturday 2 February 2013

Simple pleasures

Simple pleasures such as a spot of baking. I tried a new muffin recipe which incorporates porridge oats, vegetable oil, natural yogurt, pear, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger into the batter (recipe from MeMeRose).  They were absolutely delicious warm from the oven and were still good a couple of days later. 
Yum!
More happy things - going out into the garden and seeing crocuses starting to grow.
 My first clump of snowdrops this year.
 My first clump of double snowdrops this year.
Coming inside again and having crumpets for lunch, with butter and honey or raspberry jam.  Some of life's simple pleasures are truly wonderful!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, crumpets - I haven't had those in years!
    I like the promise of the Snowdrops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Toffeeapple
      Thank you - we have enjoyed lots of crumpets (rather too many!) this winter, but they are a real comfort food, especially when it is cold outside. I love seeing snowdrops (one of my favourite flowers) and am looking forward to when the flowers open out fully.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Some lovely things in your post Ellie, Just shows you dont need to spend lots of cash, simple pleasures are just that and they dont need to cost much.I noticed my first clump of snowdrops too today, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anne
      Thank you. I love to see the promise of Spring with the first snowdrops (even if winter isn't quite over yet). A bit of home baking is lovely too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Lovely, lovely things here...I am drooling over crumpets with butter and jam, yum. I'm encouraged by the odd sign of green in the garden but it's turned so cold again it's back to two pairs of socks and the ski jacket...

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gillian
      Thank you. The crumpets were indeed delicious (but rather moreish, although I managed to just about restrain myself). It is snowing here again as I write, so winter is not over yet - hats scarves, gloves, boots at the ready!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Gosh it's a long time since I ate crumpets ... my Mum always used to put Golden Syrup on ours when we were kids.

    Your snowdrops are so pretty :D

    ReplyDelete