Wednesday 18 December 2013

Christmas Cracker Swap 2013

I have just taken part in Tracy's (from Mad About Bags) Christmas Cracker Swap.  I first joined the swap last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, so was hoping she would run it again.  This year, I was partnered with Jille.  We emailed each other to find out addresses for posting and discovered we lived reasonably close to each other so would meet up to swap, rather than post.  We had the grand meet up yesterday and enjoyed a cup of tea and an hour long natter - it felt like we'd known each other for years.
 Here's Jill's cracker to me - doesn't it look beautiful?  It almost seemed a shame to open it...almost! The Noel decoration will be going on my tree (when I eventually get round to putting it up!)
 Look at all these goodies - it is amazing what can be fitted into the inside of a kitchen roll.  The fabric was really pretty too - white with little green circles.
 Beads, a flower ring, a gingerbread man brooch, a red spotty heart decoration and a crocheted mistletoe brooch...
 a vintage sewing kit in a pretty tin, some chocs and a Christmas snow globe.
 I am ridiculously excited to have my very own snow globe!  Thank you so much to Jill - what a wonderful selection of gifts!
 Here's my cracker for her.
Cosmos seeds, Christmas ribbons, sequins, embroidery threads, chocolate coins (I fitted as many as I could in, but couldn't quite squeeze the whole bagful in there!), a felt heart, a chocolate reindeer, a polymer clay star decoration and some earrings.
This was a lovely swap to take part in and I hope that Tracy will be running it again next year.

10 comments:

  1. As I mentioned on Jille's posting, I was lucky enough to have each of you as blog swappers during last year, and noticed you were quite close to each other. How lovely to see that you've met now.
    Love Joy x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. It was lovely to be able to meet up and swap in person - Jill was so nice and we chatted away about anything and everything!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Wow what a fabulous idea and I love the goodies in both the crackers. I love snow globes they are just a must at Christmas. I have been meaning to share a how to make one, maybe I can squeeze it in before Friday. Sending much love your way xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannapat. This is such a great swap to be involved with as it is fun to find or make little things that will fit into a kitchen roll tube and then you also get a piece of lovely material to use too.
      Ooh, hand made snow globes - that sounds like my kind of thing!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Another two great crackers and how lovely that you could meet in person too. Thanks for taking part xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy. I love taking part in this swap and meeting up was such a nice thing to be able to do. Thank you for all your organising - will you be running it again next year...please?
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Oh what a cracker of a swap! Couldn't resist that little quip! Lovely goodies - how exciting and how wonderful for the two of you to find you lived in close enough proximity to allow you to meet personally; I think that is the best gift! Happy Christmas Ellie, Hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. It was lovely to be able to meet up and swap our crackers. We chatted non-stop for an hour too.
      I hope you have a lovely Christmas too, Joy.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. I'm glad that you liked your gifts. I notice that we both gave three handmade gifts! Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jille. Great minds indeed! Thank you so much - I loved my cracker!
      Happy Christmas.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete