Sunday 22 December 2013

Stitching Sundays 16

 Amazingly, I have actually started stitching onto my felt background and I am quite pleased with the effect so far.  I started with the large seed heads at the back and the intention is to move to the middle ground and finish with the foreground, building up the stitching in layers.
I have used my favourite split stitch and french knots for these seed heads and I feel that it looks quite effective. Although the thread looks white in the photo, it is a pale beige colour which echoes the colours of the original seed heads in the original roadside verge.  I hope to make some more progress for next week, but at least I have finally got it started!

14 comments:

  1. I think that you have made a good start, it is looking good! No pressure but I 'll be back next week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jille. I'll do my best to have something more to show you then!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Looking great Ellie, on with the good work,
    Joy x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. Hopefully it will progress a little more quickly now!
      Happy Christmas!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. That looks super Ellie, well done!
    I think now you started it's much easier to continue, don't you?
    Love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mirjam. Yes, I am hoping that now I have made a start that I can keep going! So far, so good.
      Happy Christmas!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. oh this is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to following the progress of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy. It may not be very fast progress, but now that I have started, I'll keep going!
      Have a Happy Christmas!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. Yuletide Greetings ...Ellie
    Hope you a very special time
    Thea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Thea. I hope you enjoy your extra special Christmas and that all goes smoothly.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  6. It's coming on beautifully Ellie, very nicely done! Wishing you the very best Season's Greetings and see you in 2014! Hugs, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. I am happy with it so far and am now considering the next stage.
      Have a wonderful Christmas and here's to a crafting 2014!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  7. This is looking amazing Ellie. You must be so chuffed with the result. I absolutely LOVE IT!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannapat. I am feeling much more positive about it now I have made a start. Now onto the next bit!
      Have a lovely Christmas
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete