Friday 18 December 2015

Christmas Cracker swap

I have taken part in Tracey's (Mad About Bags) Christmas Cracker swap for a few years now and it is one of my favourites.  You just have to fill a kitchen roll inside with lots of little gifts and wrap the filled tube in material.  I was partnered up with Melanie of The Patchwork Robin , which was lovely as we had been partnered up before in a different swap, so we had already done a bit of research about each other's likes and dislikes.  I received the lovely cracker above, packed full with little golden treasures...
as well as some printed linen ribbon, two seasonal green teas, some chocolate coins and a genius ideas to make your own apron (perfect colours for me too, with the teal pattern).
 Once the little golden parcels were opened, here's what they contained: seasonal washi tapes; a tape ribbon and Christmas ribbon; a pair of scissors with a scissor lock so they can't be used for anything other than material or thread cutting (!); some rose scented hand cream (which is gorgeous); a fridge magnet all about cakes and a candy cane.
 The linen ribbon is beautiful and I felt it deserved a close up!
 A HUGE thank you to Melanie for being so generous and choosing such lovely gifts for me and thanks to Tracey for organising such a fabulous seasonal swap each year.
 Here's my cracker for Melanie.
Material with a sewing theme, sewing thread, Christmas ribbon, a magnet peg, hot chocolate drink, mini chocolate reindeer, a felt bird, a key ring/bag charm, a pair of earrings and a bracelet.  I thoroughly enjoyed being part of this swap and am looking forward to next year's already!

8 comments:

  1. The gifts you gave, and the gifts you received look truly wonderful.
    Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I always enjoy this swap as I like the challenge of finding small things to fit in the kitchen roll inner.
      Have a very Happy Christmas too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. What a fab swap for both of you - so many pretty things! 😊Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, gilly. It is a lovely swap to take part in and I was very lucky again!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. So much great fun! Lovely swapping. Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. This is indeed a great swap to take part in.
      Happy Christmas to you too!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. I've had a lovely time choosing things to put in the cracker and if it wouldn't fit it could always decorate the outside ;)
    The gift you sent were feltabulous just like you. Thanks for being a great swap partner xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie. I am really pleased you liked the gifts - I loved mine! Thanks to you too.
      Have a lovely Christmas
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete