Thursday 20 April 2017

Easter

 I hope those who celebrate had a lovely Easter weekend.  Above is my seasonal tree bedecked in Easter decorations.  (I have always embraced the 'more is more' style of decoration).
 My tulips are still bringing lots of colour to the garden. Above are Purissima and Angelique which really open up in a bit of sunshine.
 Here are Ronaldo and Princess Irene showing how lovely purple and orange look when they are together.  It's one of my favourite combinations.
 Princess Irene again...
 ...and again, showing the fiery red patterns.
Finally, here is Angelique in a pot in the back garden.  I  bought these on a bit of an impulse, but now, I am pleased I did.  Every year I say that I need more tulips for the next year, and this year is no exception...I definitely need more!  They bring so much colour and pleasure every year.

8 comments:

  1. I love your little Easter tree, it's very sweet. And your Tulips are beautiful. What stunning colours. Definitely get more. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. My seasonal tree has done sterling work through the years I have had it and does look surprisingly different depending on the decorations.
      I have started to really love tulips over the last few years and I will certainly add to the collection next year! I try to buy the perennial varieties mainly, so that they will come back (hopefully). Ballerina has been very reliable so far.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. I love it when the daffs appear but I think I like the tulips better, so stately.
    briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Briony. I only started growing tulips in my garden a few years ago but I love them. More needed next year, I think!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Your Easter tree is charming.
    We are definitely more is more in the garden. Of the 1000 + bulbs we ordered (including 400 tulips) we have 200 left to put in. And my partner is suggesting we need to take advantage of the sales and get some more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. My little seasonal tree is doing a great job of marking the seasons. Wow - 400 tulips! Now that will be a sight to drool over. If I had a bigger space, I would definitely be planting in the hundreds, rather than the tens. I look forward to seeing your photos.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. How beautiful, I love your Easter tree and your gorgeous tulips make my heart sing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl. I am very fond of my little tree and how the different decorations change the way it looks through the year.
      The few pots of tulips I have this year are receiving lots of support so I think I need to add more next year...
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete